5 Must-Have Gym Equipment
When shopping for gym or studio equipment, people often look for items that will save them both space and money.
While these are valid considerations to have, your choice of workout devices must also be as practical as they are powerful.
5 Workout Equipment Every Gym Should Have
The good news is that you don’t have to compromise quality for practicality when it comes to gym equipment.
Here are 5 essential pieces of gym equipment to deck out your studio:
- Dumbbell Sets. Dumbbells are essential in fitness gyms. A set of dumbbells can range from 1 to more than 110 lbs, making it a flexible instrument. The core of a dumbbell is often made of cast iron, and it is covered with a thick layer of rubber.
Most gyms have fixed dumbbells. Because of their consistent weight, fixed dumbbells offer an increased level of protection for the user and are simple to switch out in the middle of a set. Fixed dumbbells can take up much space in your gym because they require a horizontal or vertical rack that stands on its own.
On the other hand, adjustable dumbbells are perfect for use in compact settings because the weight can be modified by switching the plates. If you decide to go with adjustable dumbbells, make sure that plates are secured in place. When used in fitness centers, plate adjustments should only be done by staff with proper training.
2. Power Plate. Getting a power plate is one of the smartest things you can do. With this vibrating exercise machine, users can do a high-intensity whole-body workout session in less than an hour. There are different versions of a power plate you can choose from.
If you are getting one for personal use, go for the Personal Power Plate. This ultimate workout solution delivers vibration at a frequency of 35 Hz for optimum results. Set it in low or high vibration settings and adjust the timer to 30 or 60 seconds.
Need a vibration plate machine for your fitness studio? Get the Power Plate Pro 7 and train clients with ease and power! The Pro 7 is the premier vibration training machine with a built-in LCD touchscreen and F.I.T or Functional Interactive Training. This fitness innovation will help you train clients through each stage of their whole-body vibration training.
3. Treadmill. Treadmills are a crowd favorite in fitness gyms. It is super easy to use and can get your heart rate up in no time. There are plenty of ways you can exercise with the treadmill. You can walk, jog, or sprint. You can increase the intensity by adjusting the inclination and speed.
There are basic treadmills with just variations of incline levels and speed. There are the more advanced versions that come with display screens that project real-time stats.
If you are worried about space, get treadmills that can be folded. Users can still get the same powerful workout, with the added convenience of space efficiency. The capability of a treadmill to fold up has little to no bearing on its capacity to provide an effective workout.
4. Gym Balls. Otherwise known as fitness or stability balls, these gym essentials will let you design different types of exercises! Take your core exercises up a notch when you add a fitness ball to the routine. Provide an extra layer of stability for bicep curls, chest presses, or plank knee tucks.
Since gym balls will be used in a variety of ways, it has to be durable to keep up with your fitness activities. Get the Anti-Burst Gym Ball that is specially designed for ultra durability. It has a slow deflating system and a maximum capacity of 400 to 440 lb per user.
5. Stationary Bike. A stationary bike is a low-impact method for elevating the heart rate. When it comes to exercise bikes, you can choose from recumbent or upright bikes.
Recumbent bikes are ideal for people who want to do a lower-body workout.
Upright bikes are similar to cycling bikes. Most upright bikes come with a heart-rate monitor and a display that shows speed, time, and burned calories.
Whether you are using these devices for personal use or for training clients, make sure these 5 gym equipment are top of mind! After all, the pieces of equipment you use will determine the quality of your workout sessions. It will influence how long you will achieve your fitness goals.